So, I have the original recipe here – but I sub the rice for cauliflower rice to keep this perfect macros for me – try it! You’ll like it! You could also sub chicken thighs! Yum – enjoy my friends –
For the Chicken:
- 3 large boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Organic Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Organic Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Salsa Rice:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Long Grain and Wild Rice Blend OR use cauliflower rice!!
- 1 tsp Organic Garlic Salt
- 1 organic lime, juice of
- 1 3/4 cup Organic low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Organic Mild Salsa, plus extra for serving
- 1 (15oz) can Organic Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 organic avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp organic green onions, diced
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp of the Great Value Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sear the chicken for 3 minutes per side, until golden brown (the chicken won’t be cooked through at this point). Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- To the skillet add 1 tbsp butter and the remaining tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. IF using rice, Add in the Long Grain and Wild Rice blend and stir, toasting the rice slightly. If using Cauliflower rice do the same but don’t cook as long – Add in the garlic salt, lime juice, chicken broth, salsa, and drained pinto beans. Bring the mixture to a boil, then nestle the chicken breasts back on top of the rice mixture. Reduce heat to a simmer then cover and let cook for 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the lid and cover the chicken breasts with the shredded cheese. Place the lid back on and let the cheese melt. Top with the sliced avocado, extra salsa and diced green onions. Enjoy!