Here is a great recipe to start in the morning! Its got a great balance of protein/ fat/ carbs!
- 3 lb. bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 c. chicken broth
- ½ c. salsa
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 can black beans
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper
- ⅓ c. loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add chicken thighs and cook until well browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate. Remove skillet from heat.
- In same skillet, combine smoked paprika, allspice, chicken broth, salsa, garlic, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin.
- In 6-quart slow cooker, combine beans and sweet potatoes. Place chicken on top of potato mixture in slow cooker; pour broth mixture over chicken. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook as manufacturer directs, on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- With tongs or slotted spoon, remove chicken pieces to large platter. Gently stir roasted red pepper strips into potato mixture. Spoon mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.