- 1.5 – 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
- 3 tsps onion powder
- 3 tsps chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsps ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups organic, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, drained (use fresh, jarred, or canned tomatoes (15-16 oz)
- 1.5 cups prepared black beans (rinsed well if using canned)
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 2.5 cups previously cooked brown rice, or quinoa
- 1/3 cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional)
- Place chicken, & diced onion in crock pot.
- Pour in broth, tomatoes, oil, and seasonings.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker.
- Turn temp to high and stir precooked rice/quinoa, corn, and black beans, into the liquid.
- Let cook 30-40 minutes on high.
- In the meantime, chop, or shred chicken.
- Add chicken back in, cook for 10 minutes on high, or until chicken is hot.
- Serve with fresh diced tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt, green onions, diced avocado or guacamole, top with cheese if desired.
This recipe makes A LOT, so it’s great to make for Food Prep!
This is a 2:1 meal – Serve withsome avacado and cilantro ! Enjoy!
Adapted from Clean Food Crush