Super easy for a quick lunch or dinner – even breakfast! Recipe adapted from Paleo Grubs
Serves 1 or 2 depending on appetite!
- 1 medium or large avocado
- 2 small eggs
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the flesh from each avocado half.
- Put avocado halves in small dish (make sure they fit tightly).
- Crack one egg in a bowl. Try to keep egg yolk intact. Gently spoon egg yolk into avocado hole. Spoon egg white into the hole until full.
- Repeat with remaining egg and avocado half.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until your egg whites are set.
- Serve with pico de gallo or pesto or crumbled, crispy bacon.