Simple Paleo Banana Pancakes – adapted from Paleo Grubs
Serves 1 – this is a great pre workout breakfast – However, to keep it Metabolically Efficient, I would add another egg or two on the side, and some ghee or butter to the pancake – or some nut butter! Yummm. Top with a few sliced berries –
Prep Time 5 min Cook Time 10 min Total Time 15 min
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe medium banana, mashed
- 2 ½ tsp coconut flour
- pinch of baking powder
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ tsp coconut oil for greasing
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients except coconut oil.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease the skillet with coconut oil.
- Spoon 1/8 cup of the batter onto skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and sides of the pancake firm up, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes with a spatula, and cook the underside, for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the pancakes to a platter and serve with your favorite fruits.