- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 bunch scallions (approx 8 scallions)
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Cut the chicken thighs into even 1-inch sized cubes and put them in a bowl. Add in the baking soda, apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to ensure all the chicken is coated in the sauce.
- In a high-speed blender or nutribullet combine the teriyaki sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour the sauce into a pan on high heat and leave to boil for 5 minutes until it begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and pour half of the teriyaki sauce in a bowl and set aside in the fridge. Pour the second portion in a bowl to use for basting.
- Cut both the scallions and asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Alternating between chicken, a pieces of scallion and an asparagus spear, thread each onto the skewers until the skewers are full.
- Heat a grill pan or barbecue on medium high heat and lightly grease with sesame oil. Place the skewers on the grill, generously brush with the teriyaki sauce and cook for 3 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 3 minutes. Be sure to brush the skewers after flipping each time. Flip the skewers and cook for 2-3 more minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Brush the skewers with the reserved teriyaki sauce and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
Calories: 194kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 23gFat: 6gSodium: 565mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6g
recipe from every last bite –