- 1 stalk lemongrass (or 1 tbsp lemongrass paste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 1 small onion
- 2 bird’s eye chilies (or 1 red chili)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 (14oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 6 oz mushrooms
- 2 large chicken breasts very thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 red chili thinly sliced
- To make the paste, in a high speed blender or nutribullet container combine the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, onion and chilies and blend into a paste. If your blender is struggling to blend everything smoothly, add a splash of water.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add in the paste and cook for 2 minutes until it becomes fragrant and then pour in the coconut milk and chicken stock and bring too a gentle simmer.
- Once the soup is simmering, add the raw chicken and mushroom to the pot and leave to cook for 8-10 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Finally add in the lime juice, lime zest and fish sauce and stir through. Taste the broth and adjust the seasoning as desired. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with slices of chili and chopped cilantro.
Calories: 223kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 30gFat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 896mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3g