- 6 cups mix of shredded green and purple cabbage (or store-bought coleslaw mix)
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot cut into matchsticks (approx 1/2 cup)
- 1 red chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 7 ounces shrimp cut into chunks
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 red chili (+/- depending on desired spiciness)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped scallions
- Make sure all of the veggies are chopped and ready.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok on medium high heat. Add in the shrimp and cook them for 2 minutes per side until pink. Once cooked set the shrimp aside on a plate.
- Add in the ground pork and use a wooden spoon to break the meat into a crumbly texture. After 4 minutes of cooking (don’t worry if the meat isn’t fully cooked) add in the garlic, chopped ginger, chili and red onion and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- After 4 minutes of cooking the red onion will begin to soften. Next add in the carrots and cabbage and give everything a stir to ensure it’s well mixed. Add in the coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar and white pepper and leave everything to cook for 4-5 minutes until the cabbage begins to soften and reduce in volume.
- To make the spicy sauce, in a nutribullet container or blender combine the mayo, lime juice, chili and garlic and blend until completely smooth.
- Once the cabbage has softened add in the chopped scallions and cooked shrimp and leave everything to cook for 1 more minute until the shrimp have heated through.
- Divide the mixture up between 4 bowls, drizzle with the spicy mayo and garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds before serving.
Calories: 385kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 35gFat: 14gSodium: 911mg
Fiber: 5gSugar: 9g
recipe from every last bite