Spinach Asparagus Frittata
This light and fluffy Spinach Asparagus Frittata is easy to make and ready on your table in 30 minutes. Make it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 7 ounce Fresh Spinach
- 7 ounce Fresh Asparagus Stalks
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 5 Medium Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- A Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 ounce Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- In an oven-proof skillet/frying pan, heat the oil and add diced onion. Sauté for about a minute before adding the spinach in. Sauté until the spinach has reduced its volume.
- Now preheat the oven to 400F.
- Meanwhile: Wash the asparagus and trim off the hard ends. Cut the rest of the stalks into 1-1 ½ inch long pieces. Peel and mince the garlic. Add both the garlic and asparagus to the spinach and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add salt, pepper, thyme and milk and stir well. Pour this mixture over the veggies and cook for a few minutes. When the eggs around the edges start to set, transfer the skillet into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Top with grated cheese and serve warm or cold for breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner or as appetizer.
• Make sure to use an oven-proof skillet/frying pan. If you have one with a non-stick coating, use it. It makes a huge difference. • Use less, more or completely omit the cheese. • Mushrooms can be also added, just reduce the amount of spinach a bit.